Senior and junior roles available
About Global Roam
Since as early as 2000 we have developed software that makes the complexity of the Australian energy market understandable, with the aim of helping our customers make better decisions.
The energy sector is experiencing significant change as a variety of new technologies and players emerge in the industry. The challenge is to help our customers navigate this period by delivering software to meet their changing needs.
Why work with us?
Are you ready to contribute to a small organisation who are committed to delivering valuable software while keeping a relaxed, flexible, fun and focused working environment?
Do you crave significant freedom? We trust and depend on each other, and you can help us take responsibility for delivering quality work while also making a huge impact on our code, products, processes, and customers.
You would help us work closely with customers to understand their requirements and support the use of our products.
Most of our new development work is for the web and cloud, using the latest technologies – you would have lots of opportunity to learn and explore.
- Your responsibilities will cover everything from developing applications to co-ordinating infrastructure and deployment pipelines and even customer support
- Currently the mix of technologies includes C#, .NET Core, Typescript, Vue.js, Knockout, Terraform, Docker, Azure, AWS and more - anything that will help you get the job done
- You are keen to work with others to grow through mentorship, conferences, books and an engaging environment
- You truly value diversity, from background and culture to gender and age
Is this you?
We have at least 2 roles available - one for a more senior developer (5+ years experience) and one for a more junior role (1+ years experience)
- You are passionate about building software that is useful
- You want to deliver value through understanding a customer’s needs and will be comfortable contributing to design meetings and conducting demo’s with customers
- You love collaborating and communicating as part of a software development team and embrace working in a flexible way
- You value the ability to consistently deliver software and incorporate feedback into your work
- You are comfortable using or learning a broad range of skills and technologies from user interface design through to design patterns, algorithms and working with databases and infrastructure
- Work would be in our office most (but not all) days – on Park Rd in Milton, Brisbane
- Your pay would be appropriate based on skill level
- The sooner you can start the better – ideally immediately, but we would be happy to wait for the right person
- People who are looking for either permanent roles or contractor positions are welcome
Contact us if you’re interested – (07) 3368 4064 (during business hours) or email@example.com